Last Updated: March 4, 2020
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you participate in the Guarantee Program or access or use the Site, the other Otso Services or any of the other features, functions, services and products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Site.
- When running the credit and financial checks on potential tenants.
- In registering to use and to create an account for the Guarantee Program.
- In accessing and using the Guarantee Program and the other Otso Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Guarantee Program, the Site and the other Otso Services.
- When you send any content through the Guarantee Program, the Site or any of the other Otso Services.
- Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Otso or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may be accessible from or on the Guarantee Program, the Site or any of the other Otso Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Otso Services are intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Site, the Guarantee Program or the other Otso Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Otso Services or any of its features or register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Otso Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, user name you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about participants in the Guarantee Program and users of the Site and the other Otso Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, telephone number and e-mail address (“personal information”);
- Credit and financial information when running checks on potential tenants;
- Payment and billing information;
- Content that you provide in connection with the Guarantee Program;
- Information that you provide by registering or creating accounts to participate in the Guarantee Program;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or applications on or through the Guarantee Program and the other Otso Services;
- Information that you provide in connection with support that you may need;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Guarantee Program.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Site, the Guarantee Program or the other Otso Services.
- From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, financial backing for the Guarantee Program, accessing banking and other financial information, billing and payments, sending emails, chatbots, support, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. Many Services Providers have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Otso. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service. Also, if you click on a link to a third-party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any the Otso Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Guarantee Program and the other Otso Services and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To provide the Site and the content that is on it to you.
- Running credit and financial checks.
- To process and complete transactions, including registration for participation in the Guarantee Program.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Guarantee Program, the other Otso Services and our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Guarantee Program, Site, the and the other Otso Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of all of the Otso Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising and similar services from us or Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Guarantee Program, the Site and the other Otso Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you participate in the Guarantee Program or access or use the Site or any of the other Otso Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Otso and you. By allowing Otso to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site, the Guarantee Program and the other Otso Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties that we use to support the Guarantee Program and the other Otso Services and our business.
- To a potential or actual buyer. assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Otso’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Otso about users of the Site is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Otso, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Promotional Offers from Otso. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Otso to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Otso as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by our chatbot.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at: Otso Corp, 1790 Hughes Landing Blvd, Suite 400, The Woodlands TX 77380, USA.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable https://otso.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/9cc91ec32da8ae4cebd956cb5c643f70-1.jpgistrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. We also use a third-party cloud service provider and have no control over the technical and security measures that it uses. Otso cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to and use of certain parts of the Guarantee Program, the Site, and/or the other Otso Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the Otso Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any other user of the Otso Services.
© Copyright Otso, Corp 2020